First grade is the time when students are beginning to build their writing skills. Kids should be allowed to express themselves in a variety of ways.
These prompts will assist kids in developing narrative, and informative writing skills.
Narrative Essay Writing Prompts
- Assume the role of a bird or a butterfly. Make a list of all the things you could do in a day.
- Consider a time when you were depressed. What made you feel better?
- Do you recall a time when you were truly terrified?
- Do you go on trips with your family? What is your favorite memory from your most recent family vacation?
- Have you ever moved your family to a new home? Describe the situation.
Opinion Essay Writing Prompts
- What do you think the most interesting aspect of first grade is?
- Choose your favorite lunch from the cafeteria at your school. Why do you think it’s your favorite?
- Which wild animal is your favorite and why?
- In first grade, you can meet a lot of new kids. What characteristics do you seek in a friend?
- What is the weather that you despise the most?
Expository Essay Writing Prompts
- List three reasons why you look up to someone you admire.
- Explain why brushing your teeth every day is so important.
- Describe the rules of your favorite board game.
- Accomplish you know how to do anything that your peers haven’t yet found out, such as chewing gum to make a bubble or jumping rope? Demonstrate how to do it.